Our dentist and team will provide you with pre-op instructions before your procedure. We strongly recommend that you follow all pre-op instructions as closely as possible to help ensure a smooth procedure and recovery process. We have provided some general guidelines for you on this page, and we will give you more specific instructions based on your type of procedure and the type of anesthetic you will receive prior to your surgery. If you have any questions about our pre-op instructions, or if you want to set up an appointment with Dr. Chad Wagstaff, please contact Zimbi Dental today at 801-745-1100.
Inform our dentist of any health concerns you may have before your surgery.
If you have a significant medical issue, such as diabetes, heart disease or another systemic condition, please inform Dr. Wagstaff in advance. Please also provide us with a list of any medications that you take, such as blood thinners or insulin. We also ask that you inform us of any changes to your health before your procedure. This includes minor issues, such as a head or chest cold.
Prepare for your surgery by:
- Wearing loose-fitting, comfortable clothing; this includes a sleeveless or short-sleeved shirt
- Remove contact lenses, jewelry and watches
- Wear flat-soled shoes that provide support for your feet and ankles
- Remove any fingernail polish
- Do not smoke or consume alcohol for 24 hours prior to surgery
- Immediately before surgery, brush your teeth and rinse your mouth thoroughly to help prevent infection
We also recommend that you use the bathroom about half an hour before your procedure and that you keep ice packs and any medications you may need ready. Preparing soft and easy-to-eat food in advance is also advised.
If you have any questions, please contact our dental office in Eden, Utah, to speak with a member of our team.